This course is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture. Learners attempting this qualification will be equipped with a variety of technical, business managerial and personal skills and strategies to help them succeed in the creation and sustenance of a business. The successful learner will develop a sound foundation for the application of these skills and knowledge to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities.
BENEFITS TO THE ATTENDEE
A person assessed as competent against this unit standard will be able to:
- Selecting a work-based project for a unit.
- Scoping a work-based project for a unit.
- Developing a project plan.
- Developing tools to measure key performance parameters.
- Implementing the plan and evaluate project progress.
- Work based project for a department/unit
- Scope a project for a department/unit
- Develop a Project Plan
- Develop tools to measure Key Performance Areas
- Implement the Project
- Evaluate the Project Progress
- Public courses
- In-house training
- It is assumed that learners are competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 4.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 4.