To provide learners with the competencies required to engage in the processes and inter-relationships across the supply chain so as to create sustainable value for organisations. This qualification is aimed at overcoming the traditional functional approach to operations and management, and at fostering supply chain integration to the advantage of all stakeholders. The National Treasury developed competency profiles for the Public Sector in terms of supply chain management. This qualification meets some of those Public Sector needs and is also suitable for the private sector..
BENEFITS TO ATTENDEES
A person assessed as competent against this course will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of a supply chain management environment within an organisation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the influence of performance and risk within a supply chain management environment.
- Contribute to the development of a supply chain strategy and operational plans for the organisation.
- Execute a supply chain strategy for the organisation.
- Describe and apply management of stock and fixed assets in a business unit
- Design a distribution network
- Prepare products for transportation; manage the return of goods andwarehousing
- Prepare products for transportation; manage the return of goods andwarehousing,
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of international trade and execute international purchases
NLRD74149 – UST 13945, UST 336703, UST 336704, UST 336704, UST 336705
It is assumed that learners have background knowledge of Supply chain and are
- Communication at NQF Level 4.
- Basic mathematics at NQF Level 4