Training and Development can provide a massive return on investment if it is conducted correctly. The person responsible for training in organization should always use a checklist when choosing a Training Service Provider. The most important items on the checklist should be:
- NQF Aligned Learning Material
- Accredited Training Providers
- Ability to customize training interventions
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Sufficient learner support
- Assessment procedures
- Qualified Facilitators
- The other benefits for the organization include:
- Employees acquire new skills
- Productivity increases due to new skills learnt
- Learn and address weaknesses of employees.
- Identify skills gaps within the existing workforce; leading to fitting employee training to fulfil their roles effectively.
There is a wider impact in the organisation through performance improvements, such as:
- Job satisfaction
- Employee motivation and morale increases
- Profitability of the business.
- There are opportunities for promotion and growth within the company
By having skilled employees, the organisation is able to stay ahead of competitors. By training your staff you can ensure that they are advancing, and remain competitive within the marketplace.
Training can benefit your organization in many ways. Think of the long term consequences of having untrained workforce.